Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Republican Primary Season, So Far

I've promised myself not to pay attention to what the Republicans are doing since I won't be voting for them no matter what but I figure since everyone else is doing it, I thought I'd throw in my two cents on the GOP season.  How I'll do it is take the predictions and see how they're doing so far.

Prediction:  Romney will be the nominee.

What's happened:  Once the votes have started to come in, it's looking like Romney will be the Republican nominee.

Prediction:  The Republicans will lie a lot during their debates.

What's happened:  The Republicans have had 16 debates with more to come and they've lied a lot during them.  Knowing this beforehand, I have avoided watching any of them.

Prediction:  It'll be difficult for the far right to find an anti-Romney candidate.

What's happened:  After falling in and out of love of various alternatives to Romney, it's been difficult for the Teabaggers, etc. to find a viable alternative to Romney.

And on and on it goes.  Wasn't that exciting?

No comments: